This week I went a tad bit adventurous. Well, I’ve eaten spaghetti squash before, but I’ve never made it before! Cutting apart a spaghetti squash is really, really, really, really, really, hard. Make sure you have a very sharp knife. (I did it all by myself! Are you proud of me mom?) I was hungry for spaghetti but knew I really shouldn’t eat actual spaghetti noodles for an entire week. I added artichoke hearts and just regular pasta sauce on top! I also added green beans as a side.
- Preheat Oven to 375*F
- Carefully cut the squash in half length-wise. Scoop out the seeds and “good”. set seeds aside.
- Place spaghetti squash halves face down in a baking dish. Add about 1/4 in. of water to the pan.
- Bake for 45 min – 1 hour or until the skin can be pierced easily with a fork. let squash cool and then scrape out the insides with a fork from side to side.
- Serve with pasta sauce or toss in melted butter or olive oil and season with your favorite seasonings.
To eat the seeds:
- Rinse them off. Toss them in a small amount of olive oil and garlic salt.
- Fry them in a skillet over med-low. heat to a nice light brown color.
- spaghetti squash
- vegetable of choice
- pasta sauce of choice