I’ve made this salad for my lunches twice now. It’s sooo good and refreshing! It’s the perfect thing for summer. 🙂 Make some for yourself, or in a bowl to share. A healthier thing to take to a BBQ, like my penpal Marlee suggests.
Chicken Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh arugula, roughly chopped
- 1 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped (canned, rotisserie, or grilled all work well)
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa, cover and reduce heat to simmer for 12 minutes, or until water is completely absorbed.
- Transfer quinoa to a large bowl and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Add the spices to quinoa until mixed.
- Add remaining ingredients (add-in) until evenly distributed.
- You can serve this at room temperature or cold. If serving more than 2 hours after preparing, store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
This recipe has been adapted from: